The good preparation to an interview can increase your chances in dozens times. Especially if you’ve come up with the most necessary questions. The thing is that the job seeker who asks smart and important questions always in priority for hiring. Why?
Because it shows his\her serious approach to the job, concentrating on the result and attention to the details. And what are good questions to ask in an interview, you will read on in this material.
What Are Questions to Ask In an Interview at First
1. What are my main job responsibilities? This is the first thing you have to worry about. You have to know about your potential job’s responsibilities: what you will do, what is your responsibility zone, what standards you will have to meet?
2. To whom will I report directly? The next one from what are some good questions to ask in an interview category is a question about hierarchy. In essence, each team or company has its own corporative and subordination culture and it’s better to figure out, who controls your work’s quality and gives new tasks.
3. What do you consider as a success in this job? Each job position has also its main success criteria. Specify, what is your main job’s task: to increase the sales, to attract new investors, or to make your company popular.
4. Is there something else, regarding my responsibilities? Sometimes a new employee is faced with new tasks that are included in the list of duties, but they were not discussed at the interview, for some reason.
5. Can you show me an example of a project I have to work on? An important item from our list of what type of questions to ask in an interview. You must clearly understand what you will work with and what kind of projects you will carry out.
6. What career prospects can I have? This is important to clarify right away if you are planning a career advancement and do not want to face unpleasant surprises.
7. What possible tasks can be the most difficult? If you want to demonstrate your professionalism at the start of your career, then prepare for difficulties in advance.
What Are Some Questions to Ask In an Interview Regarding Your Company
8. What is the structure of the company? Perhaps this is one of the most important things among what questions to ask in an informational interview.
9. Do I need to to conclude the NDA? Some companies ( in the IT industry, for instance) may require employees to sign a contract that limits the confidential information distribution.
10. How do departments interact with each other? Ask for clarification about the formalities of interaction between departments, branches and employees.
11. Does your company have a dress code? Although more and more companies now prefer a free choice of clothes, check what the procedures are in this company in order to avoid an awkward situation on the very first working day.
What Are the Best Questions to Ask In an Interview about Motivation?
12. What is the salary and how is it paid? This question is one of the most key ones, as you have a right to know, how the employer evaluates your work and how much he is willing to pay for your time and skills.
13. Does your company offer a social package? Many companies offer various compensation packages, including sick days, holidays, bonuses, special conditions for parents on maternity leave.
14. Do you pay overtime? By the way, if so, then this item should be spelled out in the employment contract.
What Questions to Ask In an Internship Interview
15. What results do you expect from the trainee during the trial period? You must understand what will be expected of you in the near future and whether you can meet these requirements.
16. Does your company provide additional training? Some companies may offer training at their own expense, conducting language courses as part of the work process.
17. What nuances does a trial period have in your company? Find out how long the trial period for this position lasts, how much it is paid, what obligations you will have to the company and the company to you.
18. What are the options for career advancement? This is one of the main of what questions to ask in an intern interview, because every new intern wants to know where he should aim.
What Questions to Ask a CEO in an Interview
19. What are the company's development plans? Ask what the company's goals and values are. This will help you understand if you are on the right path with this organization.
20. What do you expect from an employee in this position? This is probably one of the best questions about what questions to ask a director in an interview. It will perfectly let you know what you have to give to this company in order to be successful.
21. Can these expectations change over time? One more clarifying point, if you don't know, what questions to ask a VP in an interview. Clarifying questions about the plans and prospects of the company may indicate your interest in its development.
What Questions Are Illegal to Ask In an Interview
22. How old are you? This is as discriminatory as questions about marital status, religion and orientation. Remember that the employer has no right to ask about this.
23. Do you have disabilities? This point is one of the main ones in what are illegal questions to ask in an interview, because the employer should not focus on your features.
What Questions to Ask in an Interview at the End
24. How fast can I get a feedback from you? In order not to waste time and your own nerves, it is better to immediately determine the time frame.
25. What Questions to Ask In an Exit Interview. What can you say about my resume? What should be improved in it? And finally, if you don’t know what questions to ask in an exit interview, ask the opinion of the HR or employer about your resume. It will be a nice gesture for them and a useful move for you.